CAIS is seeking an Associate to join the Operations team. Successful candidates will have 2 – 3 years of experience at a fund administrator or bank platform, with a strong background in processing alternative investments and a desire to build relationships with administrators and fund managers.
- Preparation of daily, monthly, and quarterly upload files for Client Reporting database.
- Ensure data integrity for all standardized and customizable reporting.
- Ensure timely deliverables of all reports.
- Resolve data reporting system issues and exercise judgment to escalate issues to senior team members as needed.
- Ease error rates and mitigate risk through the adoption of appropriate controls, process documentation, cross training and process improvement.
- Assist in the development of efficient processes and procedures working with the technology team to automate work flow as well as gain in-depth understanding of technology and operational workflow across multiple product lines.
- Review and process alternative investment trades, including subscriptions, redemptions and transfers.
- Manage interactions with sales regarding pipeline; monthly transaction execution with third party administrators and other external and/or internal groups.
- Liaise and develop relationships with custodians, third party administrators, and other vendors.
- Assist team with data requests, trainings, reporting, etc.
- Additional responsibilities to be determined based on capacity, skill and interest.
- 2+ years of experience in alternative investments, ideally at fund, fund admin, or bank in an operations capacity.
- Bachelor’s degree in economics, finance or a related discipline preferred.
- Advanced skills in Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and CRM programs, preferably Salesforce.
- Experience with VBA or Excel Macros a plus.
- FINRA Registrations Series 7, 63 required within 3 months of employment.
- Strong organizational, multitasking, and time management skills.
- Ability to independently execute instructions with great attention to detail and consistently high-quality work product.
- Experience coordinating multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment.